Tuesday, July 3, 2007

the start

Four-thirty in the morning is a beautiful time of day - sadly, rarely experienced by me in a vertical position unless something amazing is happening like skiing, working in our blueberry field or heading out to a bike race. I don't know, maybe I am strange but I love getting up early and going on adventures, like bike racing, with my kids. So, we have two teenagers in bed EARLY on a Friday night because of a race - gotta love it!

We got started on this course 3 years ago through dabbling in triathlons and last season that transitioned into pure cycling...we got our feet wet and now we are fully immersed. That's the short version. In a week we leave for Nationals in Pennsylvania, which is why I started this blog. This will be my way of communicating to family, friends, and whoever else is interested in our journey.

Will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Jon said...

l love bike races too.

imike said...

looking forward to your reports, good luck !!